La Carmina on Oddities, Season 4: Obscura Antiques TV show, Science Discovery Channel
Watch Goth fashion blogger La Carmina - http://www.lacarmina.com/blog - as she guest stars on Oddities, the hit Discovery Channel / Science TV show. LaCarmina visits Evan Michelson and Mike Zohn (shop owners) in NY's Obscura antiques store, and purchases a taxidermy elk head that reminds her of home. This full clip aired during Season 4 Episode 11 "The Mummy Phallus Returns"; it premiered June 8, 9PM ET/ PT on Science Channel.
La Carmina is an alternative travel, style and culture blogger, TV host, journalist (Huffington Post, AOL, CNN), coolhunter, and author of 3 books -- including Cute Yummy Time and Crazy, Wacky Theme Restaurants: Tokyo. She has a popular travel video and article series on Huffington Post / AOL. Her work specializes in Japanese pop culture, extreme body modifications like bagelheads, cute kawaii characters, and Asia street style.
Her popular blog on Goth Japan fashion, alt travel and cultures has been featured in major media (New Yorker, LA Times, Washington Post). Journalism work includes: CNN, Huffington Post, AOL, The Diplomat. She heads a coolhunting firm that provides consulting and TV hosting/arranging chiefly in Tokyo. She is a graduate of Columbia
University and Yale Law School.
La Carmina is flown worldwide to speak and attend events, including press trips to Macau, Mexico, Hong Kong. She has a large online following, with a high-traffic site and popular social network following. La Carmina has years of on-camera travel TV hosting experience (Food Network, Today Show, Travel Channel, NHK Japan, Dutch Pepsi, Sony
Australia, Canal Plus France, Discovery, National Geographic, CNN). She also hosts and produces her own travel video series for AOL / Huffington Post. See her TV reel:
Travel blogger appearances & press trips include:
- Mazatlan, Mexico (Day of the Dead art and festivities, 3 videos for the tourism board)
- Maui, Hawaii (social media press trip, video about fashion and food)
- Prague, Berlin and Leipzig (3 videos/articles on underground youth culture, music, festivals)
- Macau (Galaxy Macau opening)
- Hong Kong (social media week)
- New York (fashion week, speaking at IFB Conference)
- Florence, Italy (top fashion blogger event and culture reporting)
- Phoenix, Arizona (ghost tours, alt culture)
- Miami, Florida (Art Deco Weekend, South Beach)
- Dubai and Abu Dhabi, UAE (travel videos about Arabian fashion and hotels)
- The Maldives (eco-friendly resort)
Trip sponsors include: Maui Tourism, Dubai Tourism, Phoenix Tourism, Miami Tourism, Mazatlan Tourism, Go With Oh, AirBNB, Roomorama, Westin hotels, Kimpton hotels, Orlando Hotel, Yotel NYC, Brooklyn NU hotel, Fairmont, Wimdu and many more.
Media interviews & features include The New Yorker, Washington Post, The Guardian, Cosmopolitan, Vogue, LA Times.
For more, please visit: http://www.lacarmina.com and add her on her social networks @lacarmina